The Holy Wisdom Parish Latin Mass Community of St. Therese of Lisieux celebrates Mass daily in the Extraordinary form of the Roman Rite – that is, the Traditional Latin (or Tridentine) Mass. Father James W. Dolan is chaplain of the community.
Check the “About Us” page for the location of St. Boniface Church.
Questions? Call Please call Father Dolan at 412-434-1651, or send an email to LatinMassQuestions@gmail.com, which can be passed along to Fr. Dolan.
On Thursday, May 9, we celebrate the Feast of the Ascension, a holyday of obligation. Latin Masses will be celebrated at 9:00 AM and 7:00 PM on this day.
On Mother’s Day, Sunday May 12, our annual May Crowning will immediately precede the High Mass at 11:00 AM. Children ages 5 to 18 are welcome to honor Mary by participating in the May Crowning, and should meet in the Archives Room at 10:30, wearing pastel dress clothing.
Other liturgical events during May, the month of Our Lady:
- May 3 is First Friday. Exposition will follow the 7:00 PM Mass. This will be the last First Friday Holy Hour until fall.
- May 5 is First Sunday, with Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament beginning after High Mass and concluding with Benediction at 4:00 PM.
- May 9 is Ascension Thursday, a Holy Day of Obligation. Masses at 9 AM and 7 PM.
- May 19 is Pentecost Sunday, and First Holy Communion day for a dozen children of the Latin Mass Community.
This being the first Sunday of April, the Blessed Sacrament will be exposed for adoration from the end of High Mass until 4 PM.
This also being Divine Mercy Sunday, at the end of Exposition at 4 PM, the Divine Mercy prayers will be recited in addition to Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament. All should conclude by 4:35 PM.
Friday, March 1 – First Friday
- Stations of the Cross at 6:30 PM
- Mass at 7:00 PM
- Following Mass: exposition, Sacred Heart Litany and Reparation and Consecration Prayers, Confession, silent adoration, benediction and reposition of the Blessed Sacrament.
Saturday, March 2 - First Saturday
- Mass at 9:00 AM
- Following Mass: prayers to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- 10:00 AM: Part Two of Father Dolan’s Lenten Adult Faith Formation series, in the Archives Room at St. Boniface.
Sunday, March 3 – Third Sunday in Lent
- 8:00 AM Low Mass
- 9:15 – 10:20 AM (during Catechism classes at St. Ambrose): Part Two of Father Dolan’s Lenten Adult Faith Formation series, at the Parish Administrative Center on Haslage Ave.
- 11:00 AM High Mass
- Following High Mass: Exposition of the Blessed Sacrament until 4:00 PM. Prayers, benediction and reposition at 4.